Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Good Fortune Clue #2


Bonnie's blue is my aqua :-)  
I've really enjoyed making these HSTs using Bonnie's wonderful Essential Triangle ruler. I used to make the 10-inch squares that you sewed corner to corner, top to bottom and left to right, TWICE each way but after cutting them apart, I'd always end up having to 'square them up' afterward, a very time-consuming process for half-square triangles. Since I bought the Essential Triangle tool, I find the squares come out perfectly every time. Yes, you do have to be very careful to line up the ruler exactly but it's worth it.

I do have another trick I use to get that very last 'point' (dog ear) off the triangle so they're perfect after pressing: After chain-piecing the triangles you've cut with your Essential Triangle tool, bring them over to your ironing board uncut. Instead of clipping the threads to separate the string of triangles, take your scissors and clip the POINT of the triangle on the one side. Voila! The triangles are separated AND, when you press them open, there are no more 'dog ears' to clip off! 

Check out Bonnie's blog for everything you want to know about this fun mystery!

http://quiltville.blogspot.com/2018/12/mystery-monday-link-up-part-2.html

No comments: