Sunday, January 2, 2011

My very first Stash Report

I've never posted a stash report because, frankly, I didn't want to know how much fabric I was buying and using! I like Judy's rules though: don't have to know how much is in your stash, clean slate for the start of the year, etc.

But wouldn't you now, I had to go to the quilt shop today to buy border fabric for the UFO Challenge #6 I signed up for, also on Judy's blog! See, I made this top last summer at a mystery retreat. I wanted it to be a Christmas quilt but it ended up not looking like one. So I bought chili pepper fabric. But I didn't like that (and put it on the back of another quilt!) The stash report below reflects my purchase today for said borders and the amount I'll be using for them . . . after I get my husband to flip the breaker in my sewing room: It's been so cold, I ran the space heater and the iron at the same time and KA-blooee!

Used this week: 1 yard
Used year to date: 1 yard
Added this week: 2 1/4 yards (I don't like pieced borders)
Added year to date: 2 1/4 yards

No comments: