Sunday, January 2, 2011

Design Wall/UFO Challenge in ONE!

This photo will have to do for my "design wall" because I blew a fuse while sewing on my UFO Challenge #6. It was cold and I turned on the space heater while my iron was on--CHeeze! (This photo was taken in a totally dark room.)!

This is a top I completed in a mystery class last summer. It was supposed to be a Christmas quilt but really didn't look Christmas-y when I got done. I bought 'chili pepper' fabric for borders but didn't like that either. SOOO, I was 'forced' to go out today and buy fabric for a border--right??! You see that little black area under the presser foot? That's a 1" black 1st border before the final border. I needed 'something' to differentiate between the main body of the quilt and the 6" border I plan to put on. When in doubt, use black!

Did I mention how proud of myself I am for starting my #6 UFO at the beginning of the month its due! I'm serious about lightening my UFO stack!

What's on YOUR design wall?

8 comments:

Jennifer Woo said...

Nice job!! I personally hate space heaters and would rather freeze then turn one on!! I have done way to many fires involving space heaters or the electrical cords/extension cords over heating. I do love colors and like you said, when in doubt use black!!

Julie Kaye from KS said...

Hope to see that all spread out. It looks great.

Chris said...

Looks great. I think chili peppers are perfect. Good luck with the UFOs.

Angie in SoCal said...

Yep, it's cold in our sewing spaces isn't it here in sunny CA. I cut fabric in the living room where my husband had a roaring fire for the first time this year. It was cozy. Look forward to seeing the finished #6.

Unknown said...

I don't have the fuse blowing problem in the winter as we have radiators, but in the summer when the window AC units are on, flicking that iron on blows everything out! I feel your pain!

Debbie said...

Great progress. I got really lucky because #6 is just a small banner on my list. Keep plugging...looks like a great top. And I like the black!

Cathy said...

I do that all the time, blow fuses that is, for the very same reason. I went out to buy new ones yesterday, after I blew the last one in the house, and found the greatest gizmo...... a circuit breaker built into a fuse shape. Now, all I have to do is reset the button.

Quilter Kathy said...

See? The UFO challenge is working! Good luck on finishing your first (#6) UFO of the year!