Sunday, November 13, 2011

Finished!!

      I've missed two DWMs in a row! Oh, I've been sewing a lot but only on projects that I have to keep under wraps from the two quilting groups I'm in. One is a quilt that will be revealed to the group on December 11th and the other two, one Row-Robin and one art quilt project, not until mid-January. Yes, I do like to begin early and give myself plenty of time to relax before a project is due rather than what I hear so much from my quilting buddies--that they were madly finishing up the binding at 2am on the day it's due! Sooo not my style!
     This is a 'Lil Twister quilt that turned out to be
60" X 70" and all I used was 1 Layer Cake and a yard of background! I made a template that was 7" and after cutting everything, I ended up with a Charm Pack's worth of fabric left over. I cut those charm squares in half, joined them to the same sized background pieces, and that made the border you see here. This will make a wonderful give-away quilt for the next time a community group asks me for an auction item.
    I'll tell you, I'm hooked on these 'Lil Twister quilts! So easy and quick to make--and aren't they great looking?
    What do you have on your design wall this week? Did you post it on Judy's website for us all to see?

13 comments:

Mary said...

I love the border treatment you used on this quilt.

Jennifer Woo said...

I did buy the 'Lil Twister (the small one) but have yet to make one quilt! I too am hard at work on my row robin strip (finished my blocks last night) and now have to start planning the art quilt. I may wait until Thanksgiving holiday to sit down and do it as I will have time to think it through. Meanwhile I will get cracking on my applique!

Denise :) said...

I love, love this Lil Twister quilt -- and the border you did for it is perfect -- as is the fabric choice! Have a lovely week! :)

Lynn said...

I love your border!I made a twister, but it didn't turn out nearly as cute as yours.

Sue Daurio said...

Yes indeed, those lil' twisters are great looking. I absolutely adore the borders you put on there. Love it!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Beautiful quilt and love the colors! I am hooked on making twister quilts too!

Mary said...

I have both Lil Twister rulers and the books. This quilt is on my list to make - maybe next year.

Quilter Kathy said...

This is really cool! Love your scrappy border!

bingo~bonnie said...

what a fun border and very thrifty too!!! I received both sized rulers last year from Santa thinking I would be able to use the small left overs with the smaller ruler... but found that sometimes I wasn't careful enough with my cutting....

So glad I found you from JudyL's Mr. Linky for Design Wall Monday.

Love from Indiana! ~bonnie

Anne said...

Your quilt is so cute! I love the colors and the way you put it together. I will have to check back soon to see what else you have been working on!

Heather said...

So pretty! And the border couldn't be more perfect. :o) Hope you've made lots of progress on your projects this week!

Andee said...

I am hooked on these too! Love your border and may try to do something like that in the future! I couldn't find where to post my pictures on Judy's site though!

Quilting By Celia said...

Lovely Quilt. I have made a couple myself, one earlier in the year.