Monday, August 6, 2012

Polka Dot


My wonderful Spring Chicks group met last Tuesday night at my house. We eat goodies, do show-and-tell, talk about quilty things then reveal our projects. Several months ago, we decided to do a Row Robin. Out of 9 of us, 6 committed to do all 6 rounds. Tonight was out 4th round. We follow the color and style of the original row with the fabric provided or using our stash then the owner will put their quilt together and reveal it. Here's just a couple of them:




We also have an ongoing "word" challenge. This month's word was "Polka Dot". I didn't have any idea what I was going to make and decided last Friday that I just wouldn't make one this month which is OK. But I went to  the Long Beach CA quilt show last weekend and was so inspired by the "12 by 12" quilts (http://www.twelveby12.org/) that I decided to go for it. This is my 25" x 18" "Polka Dot" quilt.




I hope you will go to their website and read about this creative group! After years of following them and buying their wonderful book, seeing the quilts in person was amazing! There were 2 years worth of them, 144 for each year, and I spent two hours of my 6 hours at the quilt show marveling at their diversity and techniques.

Hope you'll also check out Judy's design wall for other inspiring projects! Happy quilting!!

2 comments:

Cathy Tomm said...

Love the row by row, One of my sewing groups did them years again. Your group have a great start. Love the dot quilt.

Jennifer Woo said...

Still loving your Polka Dot! Dang, it is just stunning! I will say I am so impressed with the Row By Row everyone is doing. I am starting on Julie's early (a bit every day) so I am not rushing at the last minute. I want to have time to pull together "3" later this month!!