Sunday, May 29, 2016

A Satisfying Finish!

My Bird Seed quilt is finished! I absolutely loved every minute of Lorna McMahon's Sew Fresh Quilt design. I encourage you to take a look at her designs here.

I tried the quilting technique Lorna uses in her quilts and really liked it. then I made a 2-color binding using black and a 1/8" red flange (to keep the little red birdy company--although he seems to have found a 'sweetie' to do that--tee-hee!)

Let's see what everyone else has bee working on on Judy's blog


6 comments:

Charlene S said...

Your bird quilt is outstanding. Love the red bird who found his/her true love among all those others.

Tracy said...

I saw this quilt at Lorna McMahon's site yesterday. Your version is very nice, good balance of color and the quilting is a perfect finish for it. Now I really want to make one!

AnnieO said...

Adorable! Love the quilting too. That easy flange technique is always impressive.

the zen quilter said...

I love those birds, and pretty much everything Lorna makes, too. They are just challenging enough to keep one interested. Nice job on yours.

Sandra Walker said...

It's awesome! Love the sweetie and the red flange is perfect; did you use Susie's magic binding?
I also really like your grey text print for the background...along with your blog name! :-)

Danice G said...

How pretty. I love this pattern, and plan on making one myself. Yours is so nice :)