Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Good Fortune--Coming Along!

I finished all the pieced parts of Bonnie's "Good Fortune" quilt using "my" colors: aqua instead of blue, lime instead of a deeper green, purple instead of red and pink instead of orange. I always like seeing different colors used. 

I'm following one blogger who's using 'dark' as her neutral and am eager to see the finish.

I haven't made the "paper pieced" steps because I might just make them single pieces. We'll see after the reveal.

I didn't do Bonnie's mystery last year and regretted it! The first I did, many years ago, took 39 hours to piece the top! (I kept track every time I entered my sewing room.) That may sound like a ton of time but it's one of my favorite ever quilts so very worth it. Come to think of it, I used a similar color palette for that one as I'm using now--no wonder I love it--LOL! 


I'm going to guess we'll have 2 more clues before the big REVEAL--one of my favorite days of the whole YEAR! What's your guess?

Take a look at all the participants in this year's mystery by going to Bonnie's blog: https://quiltville.blogspot.com/2018/12/mystery-monday-link-up-part-6.html

No comments: