Sunday, August 7, 2011

On My Design Wall


I have a special event tomorrow night--my Spring Chicks quilting group is meeting to reveal our "3 Little Words" challenge. Each of us randomly chose a theme, a color and a noun,  from a bunch of them that we'd written on little scraps of paper. My 3 little words: Queen of Hearts, Turquoise and Fireworks. What would YOU have made with those words?


Each quilt is supposed to be 16" x 20" and I bet they'll all be spectacular. Mine turned out exactly as I'd planned and I'm so happy! This is my version of the Queen of Hearts on a turquoise background holding a firework with dozens of Swarovsky crystals decorating the piece.

The queen is made with fusible applique and each element
you see is an individually cut out piece placed on a black background then trimmed and placed on the white background.


Now I'm going to look at all the other wonderful projects
on Judy Laquidara's website for Design Wall Monday--
you should too!

P.S. Jennifer--you shouldn't be looking at this! Wait until
tomorrow night!


4 comments:

Gail said...

Spectacular job!

Sue Daurio said...

Wow that is incredible! great job!

AnnieO said...

What a fascinating play with words turned into a quilt. It's a terrific turquoise queen with fireworks!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Great job, I don't know what I would have picked, your choice was great. Thanks for stopping by my blog, I couldn't email you as it came back no-reply blogger