Thursday, December 1, 2011

November's UFO and #12

Yes! I DID finish November's UFO. It was our Quilt guild challenge. We needed to use the fabric that I used for the borders and I drew the green fabric too. We could add 3 other fabrics--I used the backs of the fabrics too.

I was inspired by the cover of the January 2011 issue of American Quilter magazine. Each of the pieces of this "mosaic" wall hanging is no larger than 1/2" x 1/2". It was a very tedious project and in the end, the fusible webbing I used started coming off! Couldn't get the little buggers to stick! So. . . I covered the whole thing with black tulle and machine quilted around EACH AND EVERY tiny piece! You'd think I would hate this quilt but I really am proud of myself for sticking with it (LOL!).

My #12 is a Ricky Tims "Cool Kaleidoscope" and it's almost finished!! I'm going to look at everyone else's finished UFOs on Judy's blog!

6 comments:

JudyCinNC said...

And you should be very proud of yourself and this quilt - I love quilters who solve the problems and get them done and you did all that. I really love this quilt - it is wonderful and the colors are great. Good Job!!! Judy C

Heather said...

Wow! You did a fantastic job, and it is gorgeous. You must have a lot of patience! lol Congratulations!

Jennifer said...

wow! that is a stunning and AMAZING quilt! great job!

Jennifer said...

Wonderful job!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful quilt and very unusual. Congratulations on a tough finish!

Kucki68 said...

WOW!