Monday, February 27, 2012

Labels

I've actually done quite a bit of sewing this week but nothing I can show off as I'm getting ready for our Valley Quilt Guild quilt show. I'm finishing sewing on bindings, clipping stray threads and sewing on labels on the the 6 quilts I've entered in the show. Not the most fun a quilter can have but necessary and I don't like to wait until the last minute.

Our show is March 17 and 18 in Yuba City California, 50 miles north of Scaramento if you're in the neighborhood! It's our 28th annual show and we'll have over 300 quilts and about 20 vendors.

I'd love to hear about your guild's quilt show too!

Now go and see the beautiful creations all our fellow quilters are showcasing on Judy's Design Wall Monday.

7 comments:

marcella said...

Good luck with the quilt show! It will be fun to hear how it goes and see the fronts of your entries.

Sue Daurio said...

Wow entering 6 quilts, that's awesome. Good luck!!

Jennifer Woo said...

Nice to get it all done early! I tend to wait until the last second and then have to stay up half the night. I bet you are already finished with everything for Spring Chicks! I promise to start this week, been so busy with taxes and everything else I have not given a lot of thought to it. This week is my goal!

Melinda said...

I have 2 quilts entered in a show in about a week and I don't have sleeves, labels or pillowcases yet. I better get on it soon. Glad you are ready. Good luck with the show - I was the chair of our last show and it was so much fun!

Quilter Kathy said...

Good luck with finishing on time!

Kim said...

It's quilt show season! My friends and I are heading to Manteca this weekend and your show on the 17th--we're looking forward to both trips! (And our group gets together to sew all day on the Saturday that falls between the two shows--March is going to be a VERY good month!)

Threeundertwo said...

Have fun at the show! I'm so bad about putting labels on any of my quilts.

I'm just finishing up Henrietta Whiskers - I see it's in your sidebar. I'm going to go see if you have pictures. Such a fun quilt.