Saturday, September 1, 2012

August Color Palette Challenge

I'll tell you, I'm really enjoying this Color Palette Challenge that Judy has invented for us. I knew I couldn't make a whole quilt or even a big project each month so I chose a fun block from the great book "Knockout Blocks and Sampler Quilts" by Judy Martin. The blocks in this book are really original and it's fun to make this block each month out of my stash with the palette colors. I plan to make them into a quilt at the end of the year.

I have to say, I was not thoroughly fond of this month's colors as they read "muddy" to me and I tend to like clear, bright colors. But along with all the other blocks, they totally work--and, I learn a lot about my preconceived notions about what I THINK I like. August's block is in the lower left in this photo.


5 comments:

Carol said...

I like your block idea very much! I agree, it's fascinating how they all work together!

Sharon - IN said...

Your blocks are all looking great together. I agree with you that I didn't think the muted colors would go with the brights, but they did work in my basket blocks and your star block too!

Diane said...

looks great to me too-like how you made the challenge work for you, it will be a terrific quilt

Barb in Mi said...

I love your blocks! And it seems so much more do-able than an entire project for the monthly color challenge - may have to 'steal' your idea for next year...

Vicki W said...

I think these blocks are so cool!