Sunday, March 16, 2014

Blue Ribbons!

My quilt guild, The Valley Quilt Guild in Yuba City California, had its 32nd annual quilt show this weekend. I chose to have 3 of my quilts judged and was very happy with the outcome. I received 2 first place ribbons and one 2nd. I've shown them on this blog before but not necessarily completely finished. Now, they're finished and have ribbons on them!

This is "Merry-Go-Cats", all wool and hand blanket-stitched. It's made from a BareRoots candle-mat pattern that I enlarged to 19". I also changed the kitties to they look like all those who've been in my life past and present.




        

This one, "Civil War Wagon Wheels" made for my Civil War buff husband to commemorate the 150th anniversary of the Battle of Gettysburg. (I have to admit I was very proud of my machine quilting on this one and the judge's comments confirmed that!)





This is "Hyphen, Hashtag, Steele" made for my writer daughter and her wife from Tonya Ricucci's "Word Play Quilts," a book I highly recommend to show you how freeing making a quilt can be. There's not really a pattern just suggestions on how you can form these individual letters and then the individual words. 

Check out the other wonderful blogs on Judy's Design Wall Monday blog!

2 comments:

Barb in Mi said...

Congrats on all your ribbons! They are so very well deserved! Love them all!

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Congratulations!!!! You had a great show!!!