Sunday, March 30, 2014

Quilt Retreat

What's better than 3 1/2 days with nothing to cook, no phones to answer, no one bothering you to do something for them and a room full of quilters and inspiration?! I experienced just that in Murphys California a quaint gold rush, wine country town. Three ladies I'd met at last years' retreat returned and I made a few more new quilty friends which was delightful! We were pampered by our hosts, Joe and Roxie Wood from ThimbleCreek quilts--they are amazing quilt pattern designers AND fabulous cooks!!

 I brought 7 projects hoping to get a couple finished. This is "Almost Amish Too" by Nancy Rink which I've been working on (off and on) for over a year. I'm so happy I got this far! It has a couple more borders but I see the light at the end of the sewing machine!!  
I love alphabets and this is from Primitive Gatherings which is a half-size alphabet from a Moda Blog Hop in February--only 34" x 34". Rather than add the traditional blocks in the 4 spaces called for in the pattern, I created four hand-appliqued animals. Now all I need is a little person to give it to!

There'll be more to see in future Design Wall Mondays from this retreat. Go check out all the other designers on Judy's blog!


Missy Shay said...

Your quilts turned out great! Quilt retreats are so much fun!

Ramona said...

Your "Almost Amish" quilt is wonderful. I love the solids. And your alphabet quilt is just too cute. Nicely done!